The Erkel Ferenc Mixed Choir
Our choir was established in 1948 as the choir of the OKISZ under the leadership of Miklós Pászti and Árpád Fasang. Their successor was József Maklári, who became the conductor in 1963.
The choir revived in 1997 by two young conductors Gergely Tardy and Zoltán Frank. Our present conductor Zsófia Cseri has been leading us since 2002.
The Membership Of Our Choir:
We are indeed a mixed choir, having members from almost all age groups, different jobs and various stages of musical pre-qualifications. However it is the overall love of music, singing and our community that form a tight bond which keeps us together.
Our Most Important Results:
- 2014: Liviu Borlan Choir Competition 4th in Baia Mare, Romania
Golden Diploma and a 2nd prize
- 2012: Seghizzi Choir Competition 51st in Gorizia, Italy
- Category ‘Folklore’: Golden Diploma and a 2nd prize
- Silver Diploma and a 3rd prize in two other categories
- 3rd prize on the Grand Prix
- Special Award for diverse 20th century repertoire
- Special Conductor’s Award for Best Conductor
- 2011: International Choir Competition 13th in Budapest, Hungary
1st prize and Golden Diploma in Category ‘A1’
- 2010: Heart of Europe International Choir Competition 1st in Gelnhausen, Germany
Two Silver Diplomas and a 3rd prize
- 2008: Bartók Béla International Choir Competition 23rd in Debrecen, Hungary
- 2006: Kodály Zoltán Hungarian Choir Competition 4th in Budapest, Hungary
Golden Diploma, Special Award and a 2nd prize
2006: We were qualified as a Special Concert Choir by the Association of Hungarian Choirs and
- 2004: Choir Olympics 3rd in Bremen, Germany
Two Silver Diplomas
- 2003: International Choir Competition 9th in Budapest, Hungary
1st prize in Category ‘B1’ for mixed choirs
2000: Our choir was qualified as Festival Choir by KÓTA.